[GRASS-user] calculating statistics based upon a raster patch map

Hufkens Koen koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Thu Nov 20 07:57:42 EST 2008

Hi list,

I've got two maps, a map with patches or areas which I want to evaluate. A second map contains a parameter which I want to evaluate (average, std) based upon areas as delineated in the first map. The output of all this would optimally be a third map with the results of the evaluation (average, std) given to the areas of the first map.

Is this possible in a simple way, or should I write something myself. I can't seem to find a premade function that does this or something close to it.

Kind regards,
Koen