[GRASS-user] Compile grass6_devel with ffmpeg support?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Nov 20 12:04:48 EST 2008

Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> Has anybody compiled recently grass6_devel (aka grass-6.4.svn) with
> ffmpeg support?
>
> It does not work for me. Always complaining about missing "ffmpeg
> includes" but I am sure they exist on my system
> (under /usr/include/ffmpeg).

Look at the error messages in config.log.

Note that an error reporting a "missing" header means that it failed
to compile (more precisely, preprocess) a test program which
"#include"s that header. This can be caused by factors other than the
header actually being absent.

It works for me in 7.0 (with ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20070616-r3) and there are
no differences in the FFMPEG configure checks between 6.4 and 7.0.

However, the FFMPEG API is quite unstable, and we only attempt to
support the most common version (more precisely, the checks get
changed when the existing checks no longer work for at least one GRASS
developer who understands how to fix configure.in).