[GRASS-user] G_malloc: out of memory

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Nov 23 15:42:31 EST 2008

On Nov 22, 2008, at 7:42 PM, Kurt Springs wrote:

> Okay, I'm willing to try.  I hope 6.4 will help in getting nodes to
> snap.
>
> Kurt
> On Nov 22, 2008, at 11:22 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> I'm somewhat caught up on other distractions and can focus more on
>> GRASS again.  I can package up a 6.4svn.
>>
>> If your up to it, there are detailed OSX compile instructions in
>> the source, though I should look them over for any changes needed.

I have 6.4 SVN binaries online now.  Tested on Leopard so far.  I also
updated the build instructions in the source.

A couple important changes from my previous binaries (the build
instructions also reflect these changes):

- It uses ActiveTcl 8.5 now for the TclTk GUI and NVIZ.  This "aqua-
fies" the TclTk GUI.  The X11 TclTk is not bundled now and not needed.

- It uses up-to-date wxPython binaries, even on Leopard.  Starting
with wxPython 2.8.8, it can install to be used with the Leopard system
Python 2.5 as well as the python.org Python.  This may interfere with
the wx gui in GRASS 6.3, but it's not as well developed anyways.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy