[GRASS-user] gdal_translate

Annekatrien Debien annekatrien.debien at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 05:28:37 EST 2008

Dear all,

I'm trying to subset my TRMM image with the gdal_translate command in Grass
6.2.2 on Centos: "gdal_translate -projwin 868 187 875 178 apr00
precip_apr00". However, Grass returns
*Error 4:'apr00' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

GDALOpen failed -4
'apr00' does not exist in the file system
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.*

I was able to import the image and display it as a raster, so it exists in
my PERMANENT mapset. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,
Annekatrien