[GRASS-user] Going back to 6.3

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Tue Nov 25 23:33:09 EST 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 8:22 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2008, at 6:53 PM, Kurt Springs wrote:
>
>> I hate to say it, but I need to go back to GRASS 6.3.  GRASS 6.4-
>> svn keeps on freezing or unexpectedly quitting when I do anything
>> more intense than view what I've already created.
>
> Can you reproduce it and describe it using the spearfish sample
> data?  I can check if it's a build problem.

I tried but it seemed all right with spearfish.  Is there something
specific I could test.  I tried working with the digitizer but I ran
into a problem I mentioned earlier.  Active Tcl doesn't seem to have a
way to set the mouse button emulations.  I tried the control, command
and option/alt keys to no avail.  I have a Logitech mouse, and I have
left right and middle buttons set, but that didn't seem to help.
Could you shed some light on what to do?

>> Will it be as simple as dumping Active Tcl (the Wish components)
>> and reinstalling GRASS 6.3?
>>
> If you are using my GRASS 6.3, there is no need to delete
> ActiveTcl.  It has its own internal TclTk X11 binaries that it
> explicitly uses.  In fact, no need to delete 6.3 before installing
> 6.4.

6.4 actually overwrote 6.3.  I'd assumed the reverse would be true.

>> Also, the surface raster I generated from the ASCII files only
>> displays white now.  Is there anyway to recover that once I go back
>> to 6.3?
>>
> Rasters should be compatible between 6.4 and 6.3.

Something when v.digit crashed actually made it unreadable.