[GRASS-user] Going back to 6.3

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 25 23:51:48 EST 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 10:33 PM, Kurt Springs wrote:

>> If you are using my GRASS 6.3, there is no need to delete
>> ActiveTcl.  It has its own internal TclTk X11 binaries that it
>> explicitly uses.  In fact, no need to delete 6.3 before installing
>> 6.4.
>
> 6.4 actually overwrote 6.3.  I'd assumed the reverse would be true.

Odd, GRASS 6.3 and 6.4 have different names:

GRASS-6.3.app
GRASS-6.4.app

>>> Also, the surface raster I generated from the ASCII files only
>>> displays white now.  Is there anyway to recover that once I go
>>> back to 6.3?
>>>
>> Rasters should be compatible between 6.4 and 6.3.
>
> Something when v.digit crashed actually made it unreadable.

Also odd - why a vector would affect a raster.  Or did you mean
surface _vector_?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe