[GRASS-user] Best way to reconnect tables in grass' databse

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 26 12:52:17 EST 2008

Hi All!

I think I have questioned something similar but not quite the same
several months ago.

I moved the "grassdb" foldes (with all of its locations of course) in
another directory and thus, the absolute database path has been changed.

I need to re-connect all database tables. I think I am doing the right
thing by trying to use the v.db.reconnect.all module. However, I am a
bit confused about the appropriate format to be used for the
"old_database", "new_database" parameters.

Isn't it the absolute paths that are required?

Is there a better way to ensure integrity of the grass database while
moving it on another place(=directory)?

Thank you, Nikos