[GRASS-user] v.in.dxf crashes

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Nov 26 12:55:53 EST 2008

Kurt Springs wrote:

> On GRASS 6.3 I use X11 on Mac OS X 10.5.5 (aka Leopard).  I agree that
> the problem is with Active tcl 8.5.  Having used the two, I have found
> X11 to be much more stable.  How easy would it be to compile a 6.4 to
> use X11?

Note that you don't need to re-compile anything to use a different
version of Tcl/Tk for gis.m. You just need to force it to use the
appropriate version of wish. Setting the GRASS_WISH environment
variable to point at a specic version of wish may be sufficient.

The only parts of GRASS which need to be compiled for a specific
version of Tcl/Tk are NVIZ, v.digit, and the form library used by
NVIZ, v.digit, d.what.vect and v.what.

Also, NVIZ needs to use the same "platform" for both Tcl/Tk and
OpenGL. You can't use --with-opengl=aqua with an X11 version of
Tcl/Tk, and vice versa.