Re: [GRASS-user] Elevation profile from intersecting shapefiles‏

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 01:53:41 EST 2008

Dude- It is saturday night. Your request is for a fairly simple
operation, but there are several steps.

Some hints:

1. convert your contours into a DEM:
v.surf.rst

2. sample the elevation model along your line segments:
v.to.db
v.drape

you may need to densify the line segments-- i.e. add more vertices
along each line segment. if you need to do this, run v.segment before
either of the above two commands.

Also check the mailing list archives.

Cheers,

Dylan