[GRASS-user] maximum zoom-in reached

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sun Nov 30 02:01:46 EST 2008

> Message: 8 Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 08:02:14 +0530 From: H.S.Rai
> <hardeep.rai at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] maximum zoom-in
> reached To: "GRASS user list" <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org> Message-ID:
> <e46836620811291832h1a2e1d83j8f9ba2ca48b77260 at mail.gmail.com>
> 8:34 PM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > gis.m gives "Maximum zoom-in reached" error when display width/height
>> > is smaller than one column/row. If You have data with higher
>> > resolution, You have to adjust Your region settings (increase
>> > resolution). See g.region how to set resolution.
>>

> Thanks to all for prompt and appropriate responses. Default region was
> with resolution 1. I anticipated this and changed to .0001, but may be
> I was not able to do it properly, and was not able to get zoom in.
> Then I existing GRASS, restarted, and it worked fine.
>
> $ g.region -p
> projection: 1 (UTM)
> zone:       0
> datum:      wgs84
> ellipsoid:  wgs84
> north:      36.56820636
> south:      6.09470106
> west:       66.77269446
> east:       98.66413062
> nsres:      0.0001
> ewres:      0.0001
> rows:       304735
> cols:       318914
> cells:      97184257790

That's because the GIS manager and map display don't auto-update to new
location settings when you change them. They need to be reloaded.

However, you don't have to exit GRASS. If you change the region
settings, you can just close the GIS manager (this will close the map
display as well), and re-start it by typing gis.m <enter> at the terminal.

Cheers,
Richard