[GRASS-user] limit Voronoi or other vector programs

William L. Baker bakerwl at uwyo.edu
Wed Oct 1 21:06:26 EDT 2008

Yes, that would be useful too.

Yes, in the case of vector points, a MASK-like function would be
conceptually simpler than dealing with vector lines and polygons.

v.voronoi produces lots of spurious polygons if there is lots of space
without points outside where the points actually lie, which occurs if a
study area has an irregular shape (not rectangular). Thus, some kind of
buffer around the points is needed to set limits on the analysis space.
I think someone is revising this program, and perhaps this problem can
be addressed, but it may not be easy to program. A more general MASK
solution would be useful for all point-based programs.

Bill B.