[GRASS-user] importing L1G-data into GRASS

rosa rosa.marzipan at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 12:04:23 EDT 2008

hello,

i'm new on this list since yesterday.
some postgraduates are trying to introduce GRASS in our university and so I'm
writing one of the first thesis' with GRASS. Unfortunately nobody here knows
the program really well.

I bought a landsat scene, recieved it in hdf.L1G-format and have problems
importing landsat the hdf.L1G-data into GRASS. r.in.bin does
somehow work, but the channels it imports are severely damaged. instead of
having the normal black/white picture, the chanels are only green and yellow
and it's not possible to combine them, f.e. with r.composite.

does anybody know the problem?

warm regards from potsdam, germany

                                irene