[GRASS-user] Re: add ons i.evapo.potrad, senay

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 23:36:38 EDT 2008

Dear Niels,

Debian is a bit far away in the GRASS versioning.
Additionally, i.albedo is included only in the version 7,
which is a development version available on svn.

You could do this if you feel up to it:

Step 1: get grass gis svn version
cd /home/niels (assuming this is your user place)
mkdir dev
cd dev
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk grass_trunk
cd grass_trunk
there, copy the attached c7.sh file.

Step 2: Get Debian up it the requirements
run the script install_grass_debian.txt
by typing "sh install_grass_debian.txt"
where you saved it in your computer

Step 3: Compile GRASS
----------------------------
cd /home/niels/dev/grass_trunk
sh c7.sh
make
make install (this requires you to have root access)

Step 4: Run grass experimental version
type "grass70"

any help on that please dont hesitate.

many good wishes and good luck,