[GRASS-user] Nothing Inserted into Attribute Table from v.to.db

Ryan R. Rosario uclamathguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 02:57:12 EDT 2008

I have vector maps called "incidents" (points) and "roads" (lines). For some
reason, I am getting nothing as output in the final attribute table; that
is, the attribute table is not being updated at all. I am sure I am making
some silly mistake.

v.distance from=incidents to=roads output=connecting_lines upload=cat
column=nearest
#I copied table "incidents" to "connecting_lines" and called it
"connecting_lines". I used the option
#key=nearest. I added two columns called end_x and end_y, both double
precision.
v.net input=connecting_lines output=nodes operation=nodes alayer=1 nlayer=2
#I also tried swapping alayer and nlayer with no luck.
v.to.db map=nodes type=point,line,boundary,centroid layer=1 qlayer=1
option=end column=end_x,end_y

The output I get from v.to.db is:

1 categories read from map
30831 records selected from table
0 categories read from map exist in selection from table
0 categories read from map don't exist in selection from table
0 records updated/inserted
0 update/insert errors

What could I be doing wrong?