[GRASS-user] Importing ECW file into GRASS 6.3

Edward Tomlinson e.j.tommo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 11:33:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am having trouble importing ECW files into grass6.3

I compiled gdal 1.5.2 with ECW support (built ECW 3.3 files).

$gdalinfo --version
GDAL 1.5.2, released 2008/05/09

When i do --formats it lists .ers and .ecw. However when i try and import
either of the file types i get the following error

*not recognised as a supported file format*

I already had grass installed when i built gdal 1.5.2. I built it with grass
5.7+ support. After i checked out the latest svn 6.3 and reinstalled grass
with gdal support
*--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal_config*
(still not sure what should be built with what support...)

Can anyone give me some ideas as to why i cannot import .ecw or .ers files??

Thank you for your help,

Cheers.
Ed