[GRASS-user] Problem opening TIF file

Edward Tomlinson e.j.tommo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 20:26:44 EDT 2008

Okay so i have rebuilt grass and gdal (fedora 9)

gdal options
--with-libtiff=internal
--with-geotiff=/usr/local
--with-ecw=/usr/local
--with-threads

grass options
--with-tiff
--with-tcltk
--with-fftw
--with-blas
--with-lapack
--enable-largefile

When i run nm -D libgdal.so | fgrep fopen64, result.
*U fopen64*

In grass i am still getting *not recognised as a supported file format*

I installed windows native grass 63 on xp sp2. However it crashes when i try
to open a newly created location in GDA94 MGA 55... I am guessing it doesnt
support it yet. I tried to create location from ESPG code 28355 however it
didnt define it properly, so i used a .prj file.