[GRASS-user] flip raster

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Oct 9 09:09:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 15:04 +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 20:23 -0700, Hamish wrote:
> > Nikos:
> > > Is there a way to accomplish a 180 deg. rotation using the
> > > listgeo/geotifcp command line tools?
> >

> > try saving meta data to a file as detailed in the libGeotiff FAQ, then
> >    tifftopnm | pnmflip | pnmtotiff
> > and reattaching metadata as shown in the FAQ entry.
> >
> > http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/faq.html#preserve_metadata
> >

> > Hamish
>
> Hamish, thank you very much. It works fine (with coordinates preserved
> as before). Now I will also try to get them inverted as well (...if this
> is possible??).
>
> My warmest greetings from grey-clouded Freiburg, Nikos

Forgot to copy-paste an example!

# working with a file called "testLandsatTM_rotated.tif"
# save geo-metadata
listgeo -no_norm testLandsatTM.tif > testLandsatTM.tif.geo

# rotate via tifftopnm | pnmflip -r180 | pnmtotiff
tifftopnm testLandsatTM.tif | pnmflip -r180 | pnmtotiff >
testLandsatTM_rotated.tif

# apply geo-metadata back
geotifcp -g testLandsatTM.tif.geo testLandsatTM_rotated.tif
testLandsatTM_rotated_tagged.tif