[GRASS-user] Data Capturing

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 9 11:05:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Joe Kitchen
<jkitchen at netherhall.cambs.sch.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Geography department where I work has been considering whether or not to use GIS in their lessons with the primary focus on collecting data during field trips and modelling this over the top of the Ordnance Survey data sets of the UK. What is regarded as the most appropriate data capturing hardware.. GPS systems? Dataloggers? Even pen and paper?
>
> Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.

I would be interested, too. What about creating a dedicated page in the
OSGeo Wiki since is of wider interest to several (OSGeo) projects?
Something like:
"Best practice field data sampling"

I am sure that we have sufficient knowledge among us.

Best
Markus