[GRASS-user] Using GRASS with SPOT 5 Images

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 01:06:48 EDT 2008

Linda Malinga wrote:
> I've been searching the network for a GRASS
> tutorial/Example on how to use SPOT 5 images in grass.
>
> Basically I have a GeoTIFF images and DTED data. I need to
> create a scenery for a flight simulator wuith uses a Lat/long
> projection.

import both imagery and DTED data with r.in.gdal.
then zoom to the layers with "g.region rast=mapname"

if data is not in lat/lon to begin with pull images into a lat/lon location
with r.proj.

view imagery and elevation data together with r.shaded.relief, d.shademap, or NVIZ with imagery as color layer draped over elevation map.

the elevation layer might want to have a greyscale color map (r.colors).

for color enhancement see i.landsat.rgb.

see also www.flightgear.org (and www.terragear.org), and NVIZ flight mode.

Hamish