[GRASS-user] Elevation Map

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 08:33:21 EDT 2008

Colors for raster map in GRASS are managed with r.colors module [1].
To get Your desired effect:
1) create text file with color rules (see [1] for more examples) and save it:
0% 0:250:0
20% 0:250:50
40% 0:250:150
80% 0:250:200
100% 0:250:250
2) In QGIS open GRASS toolbox and navigate to Raster -> Manage map
colors -> r.colors.rules;
3) Choose raster elevation map and provide path to rules file created
during step #1;
4) Run it and afterwards refresh QGIS map view;
5) Repeat steps till map looks like You want it.

Hope this helps,
Maris.

1. http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.colors.html