[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal global raster incorrect extents

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 21:08:46 EDT 2008

Jamie Adams wrote:
> In my case, the source GeoTiff had a geotransform of:
> (-180.00000000012497, 0.0083333333333333297, 0.0, 90.0,
> 0.0, -0.0083333333333333297)
>
> One strange thing was, the original grass import (west coordinate of
> 180E) had the same geotransform as the corrected raster I ran
> r.region on.

It may have on the surface (ie what the program output reports: up to the
programmer defined number of decimal places), but internally the stored
value may be ever so slightly different.

the actual value used for grass rasters is in $MAPSET/cellhd/$MAPNAME

it is still not ok after r.region?

fyi, you can fix/reset the broken GeoTiff with gdal_translate -a_ullr

> According to gdal, they were the same.

ie gdalinfo & r.info?  or python->gdal?

> Looks like I need to file a bug report.

with QGIS?
what is the problem besides a slightly-broken input file?

Hamish