[GRASS-user] working with orthophotos

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:37:37 EDT 2008

Hi Christian

christian Brandt wrote:
> I imported  a georeferenced orthophoto (tif with tfw) with all bands (RGB) using r.in.gdal.
>
> The result (3 raster layers red, green and blue) looks like very , what means that there is not much to recognize any more on the orthophoto.
>
> Any suggestions how to enhance the  of the orthophoto?

With so little information supplied I can only guess.

Are you using gis.m? Did you select "Zoom display to computational
region"? If the region resolution is low you will get a poor quality
image in gis.m. Try using "Zoom display to selected map". This option
will display the orthophoto using the original image resolution.

You could also try r.info on the imported map and gdalinfo on the
external map and compare the cell resolution. They should be the same.

Craig