[GRASS-user] examples of Web GIS interaction between citizens and governments?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Oct 16 13:04:26 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 18:20:38 PM +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> Dear Marco,
>
> there is something related: EcoTopos [1] (unfortunately for
> non-Greeks) in Greek :-)
> EcoTopos is an open access, community maintained database which
> collects, organizes and links dynamically to googlemaps information
> concerning environmental issues for the Greek territory with the aim
> to disseminate them in the public. (...check the link [2] to the
> map)

Sorry, Nikos, but I'm not sure Ecotopos is related to what I asked,
please help me to understand it. I had specifically asked for example
of end users who can

> > use the [official GIS website made by a Public Administration] to
> > directly _communicate_ geographic-related information to the
> > Public Administration which created that website.

that is, I'm not (mainly) looking for _community_ ran websites which a
Public Administration may utterly ignore. I am looking for cases where
is the Public Administration itself which **starts** the process, that
is which creates and maintains the GIS website which the citizens can
use.

Things like Ecotopos are interesting all the same, of course,
thanks. I'll probably mention it anyway in the presentation. But I've
been asked (for that event I mentioned in the original post) to first
present cases managed by local governments.

Thanks again,
		Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84