[GRASS-user] examples of Web GIS interaction between citizens and governments?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Oct 16 23:21:11 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 19:52:13 PM +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> I would be more than interested to learn that a Public Institution
> (funded by the state) runs such a service. In Greece we suffer from
> the opposite. Public Admnistrations (and excuse me if I am rough)
> are not doing what they are supposed to do. There are always, of
> course, examples of people or small teams who do their best being
> public servants.

Same here in Italy, that's one of the reasons for that congress I
mentioned: to give Italian local Public Administrations a) more
reasons to use Open Sorce GISs and b) stimulus to use them in a way
that facilitates citizen involvement, rather than just managing data
internally.

Marco

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84