[GRASS-user] Tri PD Van - get stuck in the middle steps

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Oct 19 13:32:09 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 00:07 +0700, Van PD Tri wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
>
> I follow the steps from http://www.les-ejk.cz/ubuntu/
>
> The first 2 steps was going ok.
>
> However, at the third step, I face the trouble:
> dtat at dtat-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get update
> Hit http://security.ubuntu.com hardy-security Release.gpg
> Ign http://security.ubuntu.com hardy-security/main Translation-en_US
> ................. (things done OK!)
> Ign http://vn.archive.ubuntu.com hardy-updates/multiverse Translation-en_US
> Hit http://vn.archive.ubuntu.com hardy Release
> ................. (things done OK!)
> Hit http://vn.archive.ubuntu.com hardy-updates/multiverse Sources
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'
> to correct the
> problem.
>
> Sorry for a long message, but finally, it is:
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'
> to correct the
> problem.
>
> I wonder how can I solve this trouble.
>
> I am looking for your further help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tri Van

Hi Tri Van.

You probably need to execute within from a terminal the command "sudo
dpkg --configure -a", as the error message suggests. Post back if this
does not solve the problem.

Kind regards, Nikos

P.S. Please reply in the same thread (even if you have to reply to
yourself) rather than starting a new thread. This way it will be easier
for other people to read and understand the the thread and, why not,
find the solution if they face the same problem.