[GRASS-user] How to install Grass into Ubuntu

John Stevenson john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 07:56:10 EDT 2008

Hi Matt,

I'm using Grass on a dual-boot Vista/Xubuntu 7.10 machine.  It's mine,
so my data live on the NTFS partition and I can mount it with me as the
owner (and group).  It took me a while to figure it out, and now I can't
remember how I did it, but my fstab entry looks like this:

/dev/sda3       /media/OS       ntfs-3g
umask=0002,uid=mbessjs3,gid=mbessjs3,allow_other      0    0

Hopefully that works for you, too.

John