[GRASS-user] Extremely large vector coverages...

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 28 18:51:15 EDT 2008

GISers:

	I'm hoping to get a list of programs/databases that can deal with the
storage and querying of arbitrarily large vector (polygon) coverages (>>
2gb)?  My understanding is, for instance, PostGIS (and the various
front-end interfaces) can deal with these types of data, but file
formats such as shapefiles cannot.  Please let me know either through
the mailing list or directly via email -- I'm happy to post a summary of
the responses in a few days.  Can any of the newer ESRI formats handle
large polygon coverages?

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD