[GRASS-user] d.out.file now does GeoTIFFs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 06:35:53 EDT 2008

Hamish:
> > I just added support for GeoTIFF export from
> d.out.file in 6.4svn.

Markus:
> This is really great, Hamish! Maybe you remember our discussion
> on this - I'll test it asap.

I didn't, but re-reading the thread
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/24289/
I see it has the same problem you found from the white borders of an
unmatched region/xmon aspect ratio. mmph.

way back when Hamish wrote:
>> oh, NSEW bounds *including* the white out-of-region bands on the side
>> of the display if the aspect ratios don't match.
and Markus replied:
> Exactly. That's why I wanted to get the coordinates from the monitor
> itself.

Unfortunately 'd.info -g' is buggy, it reports exactly the same as
'g.region -g'. But if that was fixed it would be an easy solution.

Hamish