[GRASS-user] d.out.file now does GeoTIFFs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 08:43:21 EDT 2008

Hamish:
> > Unfortunately 'd.info -g' is buggy, it reports exactly the same as
> > 'g.region -g'. But if that was fixed it would be an easy solution.

fixed in devbr6 but not trunk; I'm unsure about the changes needed.

now it reports the coords of the full window and resolution is
map_units/pixel.

> apparently D_d_to_u_col() and D_d_to_u_row() + R_screen_rite() etc are
> needed.
>
> one moment....

I solved the d.out.file geotiff aspect problem by keeping the g.region
settings and removing the white strips on the edge with dimensions from
'd.info -b'.  Too bad if you had decorations in the margins...

If there were demand for it, it would be possible to add a flag to leave
the margins there and use 'd.info -g' to set the GeoTIFF georef bounds to
the bigger size.

Hamish