[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4 and Ubuntu Intrepid

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Oct 30 11:22:00 EDT 2008

>I did more testing about this problem, and I discovered this:
>- No, I haven't more then 1 version of GDAL or GRASS in my system
>- 6.4.0 and 6.2.3 report those errors while building:
>Errors in:
>/usr/src/grass-6.2.3/raster/r.drain
>/usr/src/grass-6.2.3/raster/r.fill.dir
>/usr/src/grass-6.2.3/raster/r.terraflow
>
>I'll repeat the test using an older GDAL, and let you know.
>
>Thanks
>Luca

I can confirm the same errors. I'm using a clean installation of
8.10, with all Grass dependencies installed through Synaptic.
(gdal 1.5.2, Grass 6.4 and 7svn installed).

Output from error.log:

GRASS GIS compilation log
Started compilation: Thu Oct 30 09:48:55 ADT 2008
--
Errors in:
/usr/local/grass6_devel/gui/wxpython/vdigit

The error with v.digit is related to the fact that it is not picking
up the self-installed wxwidgets package that I had to fetch. The default
wxwidgets version the ships with Ubuntu 8.10 is only version 2.6.3.

~ Eric.