[GRASS-user] newbie: problems with i.landsat.toar grass addon using suse 10.2 and grass 6.3

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 31 02:47:54 EDT 2008

Andrew,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM, andrew haywood <ahaywood3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Markus,
>
> I have not been compiling GRASS from scratch (I have been using the
> binaries). So I havent been running ./configure GRASS.

ok

> If i install the binary how can i run ./configure grass?

I looked at it again, it may work also without.

> In the end i compiled the addons using the following (and linked some of the
> librarys to  the correct place - Not sure what SUSE is doing with some of
> these).
>
> make MODULE_TOPDIR=/opt/grass CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/grass/include'
> LDFLAGS='-L/opt/grass/lib -L/lib -L/usr/lib'

Yes, like this you indicated the correct directories.
In the error message, there was
 -I/usr/src/packages/BUILD/grass-6.3.0/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include
indicated. A link would do it as well.

Eventually we should have something like
gdal-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/include

(so grass64-config or so).

> Historically I have compiled grass, but moving to a 64bit installation I
> have found it too hard to track all the dependancies and have relied on
> binary packages.

It should not be that hard (I am on 64bit for years).

Markus