[GRASS-user] v.generalize / reanimation of dead lines ?

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Mon Sep 1 04:39:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

I second the "unclean deletion" theory as I encountered this phenomenon before. Also, when generalizing areas which are attached to each other, while the overall "appearance" of the generalized borderlines is ok, more than 50 % of the areas cease to exist, which needs further investigation: Apart from "dead lines" we're dealing with "area mutilation" and "centroid abduction"!

The (topological) truth is somewhere out there,
Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Dr. Peter Löwe