[GRASS-user] BIN raster import

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 03:12:27 EDT 2008

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> I have a nine-second DEM on CD-ROM from ACMA (effective
> radio heights).
> It's supplied as a BIN.
>
> After much pain, I have adjusted the settings so that there's
> no complaint from Grass that I have the wrong height/width.
> Now, the command simply does nothing - no failure, *and* no
> import; it just returns to the cursor.

bah! r.in.bin just has lots of "return 1;" whenever an error
occurs, not a G_fatal_error message. Give me a few minutes and
I'll upload a new version to SVN with something more telling.

typing "echo $?" after the module returns to the prompt will
give you the exit code of the last thing run. I suspect for
you it will be "1".  (0 means EXIT_SUCCESS)

Hamish