[GRASS-user] create 3d plane from vector lines

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 14:15:08 EDT 2008

Thanks Soren, I got the effect I wanted in Paraview, using the "linear
extrusion" filter.

cheers

Carlos

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 04:54, "Sören Gebbert" <soerengebbert at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
> how about using v.delaunay?
> If you have two lines for each fault, you can triangulate the space in between.
> But im not sure if this works with vertical lines.
> If you export those lines to VTK, you can triangulate vertical planes
> with the VTK delaunay triangulator in ParaView.
>
> Soeren
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 23:32:37 -0300
>> Von: "Carlos \\"Guâno\\" Grohmann" <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>
>> CC: grass-user <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>> Betreff: Re: [GRASS-user] create 3d plane from vector lines
>
>> Hello José.
>>
>> v.surf.rst is not exactly what I want here, although I could duplicate
>> my vector lines with different elevations and then interpolate the
>> values to get _raster_ surfaces. I was thinking more in a v.extrude
>> way, just that it currently extrude areas to form facets or shifts
>> lines, but it doesn't create planes from line (AFAICT).
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Carlos
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 22:59, José María Michia
>> <jose.maria.michia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Carlos. You can use v.surf.rst. Description (from command help):
>> >
>> > "Spatial approximation and topographic analysis from given ... isoline
>> data
>> > in vector format to floating point raster format using regularized
>> spline
>> > with tension."
>> >
>> > Basic usage (remember to adjust region settings):
>> >
>> > v.surf.rst input=contour layer=0 elev=surface
>> >
>> > Where:
>> >
>> > contour : name of the map containing your vector lines (iso lines or
>> level
>> > contours).
>> > surface : name of the raster map, obtained from interpolation of the
>> vector
>> > lines.
>> >
>> > More info here:
>> > http://grass.itc.it/grass62/manuals/html62_user/v.surf.rst.html
>> >
>> > I hope that this help you.
>> >
>> > José
>> > Saludos (sorry for my bad english)

>> --
>> +-----------------------------------------------------------+
>>  Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
>>  Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
>> Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
>> +-----------------------------------------------------------+
>
> --
> GMX Kostenlose Spiele: Einfach online spielen und Spaß haben mit Pastry Passion!
> http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free/puzzle/6169196

 Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
 Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.