[GRASS-user] visible results of 3D-vector files in nviz?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 03:58:23 EDT 2008

christian Brandt wrote:
> I am working with GRASS 6.3 on OpenSuse 10.2. Attached is
> the result of v.info.
> I imported this file with the z-flag (create 3D output) in
> v.in.ogr so I wonder why this option is not visible within
> nviz.

Note that the max/top (T) and min/bottom (B) coordinates are both 0.0.
i.e. all areas are on the z=0 plane.

For 3D shapes (like dinosaurs and 3D DXF imported demos on the screenshots
page you will need faces+kernels not areas+centroids.

what is the form of the input data?

see also the v.extrude and v.in.dxf modules.

Hamish