[GRASS-user] Grass Videos for FOSS4G

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 14:29:00 EDT 2008

Tim Bowden wrote:
> I'm looking for content for the OSGeo booth at FOSS4G.
> Are there any grass videos anyone can point me to that I could
> run along with other content I have?

there is of course the classic William Shatner narrated promo:
 http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass_movie_video_CERL/grass_movie_CERL_1987.mov

"The GRASS Story [14 minutes, USACERL, 1987] The U.S. Army Corps of
Engineers Construction Engineering Research Laboratory produced this
video to explain basic concepts and potential applications of geographic
information systems to land managers at Army installations." 61mb

21 years later the startup screen is much the same, although a bit less
CRT green. ;) The comment at the site says there is little GRASS content
which delayed me from watching it. I don't think that's true.

also:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZOQSn5tyqQ  (GFOSS.it)
 http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Promotional_material
 http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Education_%28Free_GIS_education%29#Training_Videos