[GRASS-user] Running batch files

Kris Nackaerts knackaerts at gmx.net
Sat Sep 20 16:25:14 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I'm new to GRASS and am interested in running analysis from the command
line. My idea is to make a batch script that creates for example png files.

I did search for documentation, but could not find the right information
to get me started. I created a .bat file (I'm working on windows, with
GRASS 6.3), in this file, I set a lot of variables with 'set
blabla=value'). Then, I try the following

set GRASS_PNGFILE=d:\test.png
g.gisenv set=DEBUG=3
g.region rast=slope -p
d.mon start = PNG
d.rast slope
d.mon stop PNG

I used filemon to check what's going on, and it seems each command is
found, but nothing seems to happen. No DEBUG info, no single command
provides any feedback, no PNG is created. The GUI of GRASS works OK.

I guess it's something really stupid I'm overlooking...

I try to use the Spearfish sample data.

Can someone provide some hints?

Kris