[GRASS-user] Call script automatically when launching Grass-GIS

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sun Sep 21 02:53:52 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a few user machines with lots of maps to deal with, and I want to
centralize the map catalogues. So what I would like to do is:

- start Grass-GIS in text mode in a location (/home/user/grassdata/location)
- automatically launch the script (which is a simple bash loop on
g.mlist, calling on v.info and r.info to pull the metadata into a text file)
- exit at the end.

The script works fine if I execute it in Grass-GIS but I would like to
have it run without intervention. That way, I can schedule the catalogue
to run overnight on all machines. So is there a way to pass the script
to Grass-GIS to run 'hands-off'?

Richard