[GRASS-user] Problems with OpenGL when compiling grass-6.4.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.4

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Sun Sep 21 17:05:17 EDT 2008

Hi William,
                       I think I know the reason for the glX linker
errors.

If I look at libGL.dylib in the /usr/X11/lib folder, it is actually a
symbolic link to /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/
A/Libraries/libGL.dylib whose size is only 568kb.

However, I can see that there is another file called libGL.1.dylib in
the /usr/X11/lib folder whose size is 2.3MB. Perhaps this is the
correct one?

How can I change the symbolic links so that libGL.dylib  points to /
usr/X11/lib/libGL.1.dylib instead of /System/Library/Frameworks/
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib

Am I doing the right thing? Is there another way of ensuring that it
uses the larger 2.3MB version of libGL.dylib ?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson