[GRASS-user] position of raster legend

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Sep 22 11:15:31 EDT 2008

On 22/09/08 16:51, christian Brandt wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is it possible to influence the position of a raster legend within
> the map display. At the moment GRASS draws the raster legend on the
> left side of the display but partially overlapping the drawn layers.
> But I would like to have the legend completely outside of the drawn
> layers.
>
> Any ideas?

I suppose you are using gis.m ? If yes, then you should use the 'x,y of
lower left corner' to indicate placement. There is also the option to
place with the mouse, but I'm not sure this always works.

If you want to display the legend outside the map, you can use the
'Constrain map to region geometry' display mode (default) and then play
around with zoom settings in order to have a white border in which you
can then place the legend.

Moritz