[GRASS-user] Second try, run grass scripts as batch process in Windows

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Sep 23 05:05:57 EDT 2008

On 23/09/08 10:51, Kris Nackaerts wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Can anyone give me a clue on how to run GRASS scripts as a batch process on Windows (Native Windows version, 6.3)?

You have three options:

- Run a *nix shell (e.g. bash) script in msys. This means launching
'command line GRASS' in msys (IIRC the current installer creates a
shortcut for this in the GRASS menu).

- Write your script as a cmd.exe script.

- Write your script in a cross-platform language such as Python.

In time, the aim is to move all scripting to Python so as to avoid these
platform-related issues in the future.

Moritz