[GRASS-user] interesting article on TIN generation

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:55:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Vincent Bain <bain at toraval.fr> wrote:
> Dylan,
> As I spend a couple of days computing a huge lidar dataset (first split
> the original file in 145 pieces ! then performing a loop with
> v.surf.rst, and rearrange data in a single raster), it is of great
> interest for us.
> Perhaps could this code be turned into grass module ? well, it's beyond
> my skills, but...

I have not looked over the license, but it would probably be beyond
what my time/skill level permits. Have you considered using r.in.xyz
(pre-filtering module) for your massive lidar dataset?

Also, by submitting that article to the list, I wasn't advocating the
use of TINs over grids-- I just thought it was interesting. I still
think that for most modeling operations, gridded data are the simplest
 to use / understand.

Cheers,

Dylan