[GRASS-user] wxpython gui in ubuntu

Tomas Lanczos lanczos at t-zones.sk
Sun Sep 28 10:52:23 EDT 2008

Hello everybody,

using the freshly built grass 6.3 and 7 from the last svn source in
Ubuntu I recognized two problems. The first one appearing when I start
the wxpytthon gui:

"
  GRASS_VERSION (FERO):~ >
** (python:20314): WARNING **: Can't create printer "PDF" because the id
"PDF" is already used

(python:20314): GnomePrintCupsPlugin-WARNING **: The CUPS printer PDF
could not be created

(python:20314): GnomePrintCupsPlugin-WARNING **: The data for the CUPS
printer PDF could not be loaded.
"

The next one looks more serious - when I try to open the attribute table
  using the attribute table manager icon on the gui toolbar I got this
errormessage:

"Execution failed: 'db.columns --q driver=pg
database=host=localhost,dbname=FERO,port=5432 table=' "

It looks like the icon is not associated with the proper command.

Best regards

tomas

p.s: the OS is Ubuntu Hardy, the database is postgresql.