[GRASS-user] openGL library name

Patton, Eric Eric.Patton at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Apr 1 14:53:07 EDT 2009

I think I accidentally allowed my OS to install a proprietary NVIDIA driver and as a result, some of my openGL libraries appear to be missing.

At any rate, running configure for GRASS 6.5 crashes when it reaches the openGL section:

<snip>
checking for location of OpenGL includes... /usr/include/GL
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking for location of OpenGL library...
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate OpenGL library.

What are the names of packages that contain the required libraries?

Thanks,

~ Eric.