[GRASS-user] v.dissolve and r.cost problems

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 1 15:52:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I cannot get a result from v.dissolve:
>
> v.dissolve input=regiao at nuovo layer=1 column=REGIAO output=reg_diss
> dbmi: Protocol error
> Cannot open select cursor: SELECT cat, REGIAO FROM regiao ORDER BY REGIAO
> Unable to open vector map on topology level 2
> Table linked to vector map does not exist
> Vector map not found in current mapset
>
> This happens on a specific column. The same shp dissolves well with
> fTools from QGIS.

If you can send the data to me, I can investigate.

Relevant post-6.3.0 fixes:
        * v.dissolve: use " instead of '
        * v.dissolve: added missing GIS_OPT_LAYER for layer > 1
        * v.dissolve: fix white space bugs (merge from trunk, r34004)
        * : v.reclass does actually support strings as the key column
        * : key type must be INTEGER
        * : fix for DBMI error if input map is specified with @mapset

Markus