[GRASS-user] concurrent versions of grass

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Wed Apr 1 16:02:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

till recently I used to work on a Hardy-Ubuntu GNU/linux. I was able to
run various grass versions installed on the system. Now on Debian I
cannot install let's say 640_rc2 if 6.5.svn is already installed. The
error returned by the system deals with the replacement of
file /usr/local/bin/gem6, which belongs to the other grass version and
cannot be overwritten.

Has anyone experienced that ? (am I explicit enough ?)

BTW, I use checkinstall instead of make install.

Bye,
Vincent