[GRASS-user] patching images from different UTM zones (without shell script?)

Renae Mackas rmackas at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 1 18:10:27 EDT 2009

Hello GRASS users-

I am trying to create a mosaic of LANDSAT taken of Eastern Hudson Bay area using GRASS 6.3.0.  I have run into the problem though that some of these images are from different UTM zones (16, 17, and 18).  Currently, I have been able to import images from the three UTM zones into 3 different locations.  What I want to do is bring in the images from zones 16 and 18 (currently imported into different locations), and patch them with images from zone 17.  I have tried re-projecting these images into the location for zone 17 using r.proj, but when I do this, it cuts off parts of the images which are not within zone 17.

I have looked at previous posts on the forum, and have found some advice (moving raster maps across UTM zone boundaries).  I have never used shell script and am very new to GRASS, so the advice given in this response is somewhat complex for me.  Are there any suggestions of how best to mosaic images from different zones without using shell script?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Renae Mackas