[GRASS-user] problems with i.rectify

Martina Schäfer Martina.Schafer at ebc.uu.se
Thu Apr 2 03:28:50 EDT 2009

Hello Markus,

thanks for the reply! And thanks for the tip on i.orto.photo, I will
read through your article!
>> I've followed the instructions
>> and everything's working fine except that the red band is not included. In
>> the output it says :
>> Rectified input file NN1_2.red will be saved as NN1_2.red 1257
>>

> I see a suspicious white space before 1257.
> Where does it come from? Could it be that it crept
> in when defining the group?

Well, the space was my fault and a typing mistake, it really says
NN1_2.red1257, so no error there.

> In the mapset there is a group/ directory in which the
> group is defined (ASCII file). The easiest way is to check
> there/fix if the red channel was defined properly.

I looked in the group folder and found a file REF where all bands are
properly named. Was that the file you meant?
The group is defined in the XY location. In the projected location it
does not exist prior to rectifying.

> BTW: which GRASS version and which operating system?

I'm using GRASS 6.3. downloaded from http://grass.bologna.enea.it/ on
Mac OS X 10.5.6

Best,
Martina