[GRASS-user] Converting polygons to lines

supunmali supunmali7 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:06:12 EDT 2009

I need to convert a road network in polygons to lines to do a network analysis.
I converted polygons to line by using v.type.bl- converting boundaries to lines. Then instead of getting single lines, i'm getting border lines over the polygon that was there earlier (No polygon its now line data). I tried cleaning options in GRASS but it didnt work.
Please provide me with guidelines on how to convert it to line data enabling to do network analysis.

Thanks