[GRASS-user] displaying many thematic maps from one vector dataset

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Apr 6 05:45:27 EDT 2009

On 04/04/09 01:13, Vishal Mehta wrote:
> A couple of strange behaviors with a test vector dataset whose columns
> are population projections every 5 years:
> I ran the following script below but:
> 1. I see it working ok on the x0 monitor; but the output png files are
> all blank..
> 2. and i get messages while the script is running that include
> 'segmentation fault' but not on EVERY iteration of the loop..

I've seen this problem before, but not with fixed class breaks, but was
not able to find its cause. The fact that you see it as well with fixed
class breaks is already an interesting information that should help find
out what is wrong. Note that this module has seen _very_ little testing
up to now (if not none except mine).

And so you say that this only happens with PNG output (are you using
d.mon PNG ?), but not on the x-monitors ?

Moritz